Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy one week Ava!!

Ava's one week old!!
Today was her first doctor's check up. Weighing now 6.1lbs and 19 inches long, and going on strong. I couldn't be happier. Dr Hsu was so nice and Ava really enjoyed him. Didn't cry until he stuck the wooden stick in her mouth.

She has been an awesome baby. Eats and sleeps 2-3 hours. Night time she can stretch to 3.5-4 hours of sleep. I have to say I am pretty happy. Daddy is super happy. He claims his chest to chest is working haha!

I'm breastfeeding her and she's latching well. I began pumping to help my supply and also get ready for the future with work. Ava is an eating machine! She doesn't cry unless her diaper is wet or dirty. Last night Paul and I had the funniest moment ever. We decided to take Ava from our mom and watch her for the night. We changed her diaper literally 8 times. She would pee, then eat. Then pee, then lays there. Then pees again: this time we were like omg what is going on? Then she pooped, as Paul was wiping she squirted more! Omg we died laughing and then she continued to pee again. She just laid there staring at us like what?? Paul was like omg!! He's such a trooper. He changes her diaper and has conquered the swaddle. Better than me! Needless to say us three were in our bathroom laughing our heads off. Love my family!!

I have to say I cannot believe I have such a darling baby. I'm so in love. I cannot wait for more adventures with her. Love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment