Monday, August 20, 2012

Nesting ....

Well, I started nesting way before, but it is officially now. Week 34 and I am making sure everything is organized and ready for our baby girl to come. Room is done! House is ready! Hospital bag is in the car! Mentally I am ready, which we all know we are never ready, but I am.

Looking back from when I first found out till now, I'm amazed how things have changed. Not just physically, but also everything. My family, my brothers, my relationship with friends, my work, my values and daily routine. I use to call myself selfish, because it was all about me. I did things for me. Worked hard for me, and reached goals for me. Now, it's for the family. My family. My husband and child. I have to say, I am truly blessed with an amazing husband. I tell him everyday how lucky I am to have him. Of course if you know Paul, he smiles and replies "i know." Never have I met a more kinder gentle soul like his. There's never a day he doesn't smile. He's so sweet with his words. Not a mean bone in his body. I hope Ava has his traits. Patience, honesty, and being real. I hope she learns how to cook like him too! I'm def trying but cleaning and organizing and running a business is more my forte. Haha

Many have asked what I plan on doing when she comes. Well, I'll have her, off for 6-8 weeks, and then back to work. We have a nanny all ready for her and I couldn't be more happier. With our hours at work, it can be demanding and hard, but I'm lucky to find someone who understands our work and is going to be an amazing influence on our daughter. I'm sure it will be hard to part, but our parents did it and we turned out okay. :) I think...

It's very exciting to think holidays are around the corner, and I'll have a daughter to celebrate it with! I cannot wait to share with her my family traditions my mom did with me. Holidays for a bit was hard because I use to share all these memories with my mom, but Ava arriving has definitely changed it and brought it back to life for me.

Vietnamese name... Hmmm
Honestly Paul and I never thought of it till my family mentioned it. I grew up with a full American name. Paul has his Vietnamese name as a middle name, but people still call him Paul. We gave Ava a full American name, but the last of course. Though, having a Vietnamese name won't hurt.
It's funny, as we were going through the list, every name I liked, Paul would reply "that's my sister, that's my cousin, that's my aunt." Well shoot by the time I was done, nothing was left hahaha. No wonder we are having a daughter. His side is full of girls. My side mainly boys. So the hunt is still on. Will we use the Vietnamese name? Probably not, but we all had one. Will keep looking.

Next on the list, baptism... And it keeps going!!
So as you can see my 34 weeks has been getting ready for the baby. I can't wait for her to come!! Paul is so ready too!! Oh and Bentley is not ready. Poor guy barks at my belly when she kicks his head on my belly...

Love you Ava!!

No comments:

Post a Comment