Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby adventures galore!

It's been quite a while since I have blogged.  Between juggling a business and keeping my personal life sane has been quite an adventure, but I'm still going, just very slowly now.

It's 32 weeks now!  8 weeks to go and Baby Ava is kicking so much!  It's so funny to see my belly jiggle and wiggle and squirm.  She's so strong!  My belly has definitely grown, and many of my friends have commented "You finally look pregnant!"  hahaha


So what's been going on for the past 3 weeks??  I have so many great memories and I have so many people to thank.  During my 30 week, I had 2 baby showers all in the same weekend.  Crazy huh?  That's how I do it.  I like to make my life as stressful as possible and cram in everything at one time.  It was a very exciting weekend full of laughter and joy and tears.  I had such a wonderful time seeing everyone.  Baby Ava is such a lucky girl to be surrounded by people who love her.

I have to thank Taylor and Ginger for the AMAZING Sassy Baby Shower on Saturday.  I cannot thank you both enough for throwing me this shower.  I am so blessed to have wonderful clients, who have become great friends and now family, to share this special moment with me.  And all the cute cute gifts!!  Thank you to all my clients who showed up and to those who couldn't make it and sent gifts, THANK YOU!  As some have seen me, the room is all set and ready.  I got it all organized and cleaned! haha  Love you all very much!  


After that, we had friends and family from out of town coming in.  Saturday night ended up as a big party and a big reunion for Paul's buddies.  Some flew in, some drove in and we couldn't have been happier.  We then continued onto Sunday at the shower and after.  A HUGE thank you to my sister in laws: Erin, Michelle, and Nancy.  The baby shower was adorable and I was so happy to see both sides of the family together in one room.  They did amazing job and it was definitely a moment to remember!






Ava received so many great gifts, but one that stands out is this painting my brother, Joe, made for Ava.  The story behind this was, when I was thinking of getting pregnant, I was roaming on Pinterest.  I came  across this art photo of this elephant and it made me smile.  It reminded me of my childhood watching DUMBO with Jeff and how my mom would always have statues of elephants all over the house.  I asked Joe one day if he could paint it, since he's so artistic.  Of course, typical brother told me to just take it to Kinkos and get it printed on canvas.  So I was going to do that, till the shower...TA DA!!  I unwrapped the brown paper and saw this!  The original was actually with a red balloon, Ava's pink.  I love it!!  I def teared up and am so thankful!  Thanks big bro!  Nee loves it!  and Ava will too!


Thank you to everyone who has sent gifts.  Paul and I are truly thankful and we cannot wait for Ava to see it all!  Moments like this I really get emotional and I know my mom is looking down and smiling.  She's also thanking you for being such supportive friends and family!  
Thank you!!


As for the 32 weeks so far, my movement has been slower.  I'm still working and getting the house all ready for Ava.  Paul's been extra awesome and has been having dreams of Ava.  It's so cute!

As of right now....

Weight gained:  6lbs.
Clothes:  still normal, but pants are getting really irritating, so dresses it is!
Baby kicks:  so strong and so big!
Cravings:  raisinets and bun or soupy things
Next doctor visit:  Monday ...starting my 2 week check ups
Today:  started feeling tightness, could this be the mini contractions prepping my body for her arrival??
Swelling:  none as of yet...
Sleep:  getting harder, waking up at night more.  God's preparing me Ava!  


More updates soon...i cannot believe 8 more weeks!!

XoXo:   Nee





No comments:

Post a Comment