Monday, March 12, 2012

Who will you be?

As I'm getting closer to the end of my first trimester, I can't help but wonder how the baby is.  Who does the baby look like?  How will the personality be?  Will it be like Paul or me?  I hope he/she gets my eyes haha!   I seriously can't believe time has flown by.  It was like just yesterday I was trying my best to just make it through the first trimester.  Now, onto my second!  What joy!

As I'm going through all my baby apps, it shows that Baby Peanut is the size of a large plum.  I laugh because I find myself walking through Krogers and randomly picking up whatever fruit the baby size will be and hold it against my belly and smile.  And of course, some random stranger will look at me and I just give them a big cheese like I always do.  It's been so fun being pregnant.  Such a happy moment, actually one of my happiest moments ever.

I can't wait till the baby gets older.  Will it be a boy?  Paul played soccer, I played basketball and volleyball (sad to say, by high school, my height killed my future to be an athlete.)  Will it be book smart?  I was a straight A student and Paul claims to be a genius.  Will it be a girl?  Omgosh, if it's a girl!  I want her to do to all the things I did.  Ballet, tap, jazz, gymnastics, sing, violin, cheer, NAILS (haha kidding, well not really.)  I was very lucky my parents let me explore and do all the things I did.  One thing I've learned, I never gave up.   I wasn't allowed to quit, which I think now has made me who I am today.

Which brings me to the subject of what kind of parent will I be?  At times, I think gosh my parents were so strict, but now, it wasn't so bad and it was for the good.  It made me who I am today, which I'm thankful.  I hope I will be strong like my parents and be able to juggle all the things and times and activities.  They had four kids in sports and all.  I only have one and I'm scared!  I'm glad my mom and I worked together for so many years.  All those talks, lectures, and wisdom she had, I miss them and learned so much.  It's definitely hard and heart breaking at times to realize that my mom isn't going to be around, but I've established so many relationships within these past four years, that it has helped so much to deal with her passings.  I hope one day, Baby Peanut will read this and see what joy and happiness he/she has brought to me.

We went registering, well started a little, and it was sooooo much stuff!  Paul was so funny and he seemed to enjoy all the things we were looking at.  Thanks to his cousin Anna, for the "Baby Bargains" book, our eyes were glued and on the hunt.  It's just exciting that now we get to shop for our kid, kinda surreal but happy!

Two more days till 12 weeks= 3 months
Next Doctor appointment is March 26th.
Weight gained= 1.8 lbs
belly status= it's popped out!  but still in that "hmm she looks pregnant, but could be fat" stage =)

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment